Meet the Experts is a series from Carrot highlighting the healthcare professionals helping our Carrot members every day. From OB-GYNs to doulas, reproductive endocrinologists, and mental health professionals, Carrot members have unlimited access to Carrot Experts through our comprehensive fertility and pregnancy telehealth platform.
Name: Sheri Matteo, Certified Nurse-Midwife
Area(s) of expertise: Pregnancy, birth, childbirth education, postpartum recovery, meditation/stress reduction
Years of experience: 22 years
- Bachelor of Arts, Brown University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing
- Masters of Science, Columbia University School of Nursing
- Certification, American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Mindfulness-based childbirth and parenting training
- Clinical experience in both public health and private practice, training in childbirth preparation and mindfulness
What’s your favorite thing about your job?
I love supporting pregnant people and witnessing the creation of new families. Every pregnancy and birth is unique. The journey is always awe-inspiring!
What do you like to do for fun?
Yoga, hike, ski, knit, travel, camp, and enjoy amazing meals with family and friends
I was an actress/singer in New York City and London prior to graduate school to become a midwife. I was cast in the London premiere of La Cage Aux Folles but ultimately didn't get to perform.
If you’re a Carrot member going through a pregnancy journey, schedule time to talk to Sheri today.