Meet the Experts is a series from Carrot highlighting the healthcare professionals helping our Carrot members every day. From OB-GYNs to doulas, reproductive endocrinologists, and mental health professionals, Carrot members have unlimited access to Carrot Experts through our comprehensive fertility and pregnancy telehealth platform.
Name: Hector Streeter, MD
Area(s) of expertise: General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Years of experience: 35
- Medical School: University of Chile School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Chile Teaching Hospitals
- Residency: University of Chile Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and University of Manitoba, Canada, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Private Practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona
- Women’s Health Services, San Marcos, CA
- Prima Medical Group, Medical Director OB/GYN Hospitalist Program, Marin Health Medical Center, Greenbrae, CA
- Certified with the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners and Medical Board of California
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Certified
What’s your favorite thing about your job?
I am proud to work with a team that delivers exceptional care to patients during their pregnancy and delivery. I also chair a monthly quality assurance peer review committee and work on the education of medical students at University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
What do you like to do for fun?
I’m an avid tennis player, train our German Shepherd dog, and of course love to spoil my grandkids.
I’ve been married for 42 years to an amazing colleague, and we have four children that keep us busy when I am not in labor and delivery managing patients from all walks of life.
If you’re a Carrot member going through a pregnancy journey, schedule time to talk to Dr. Streeter today.